What Should You Expect In Drug And Alcohol Rehab
Getting treatment at an inpatient rehab facility might seem overwhelming whenever you don’t know what to anticipate. Evolve Recovery Center strives to make everything straightforward to alleviate any anxiety. We know you’ll make more progress in your substance use recovery when you feel safe. Discover what to expect in our drug and alcohol rehab.
What Is The Difference Between Rehab And Detox?
Countless people confuse addiction rehab with detox, but these services are actually two different stages in the substance use recovery process.
Detox is usually the initial step in addiction recovery
Recovery cannot begin until the alcohol or drug is out of your body. The preferred way to detox is in a medically directed detox center. This helps remove from your body dangerous substances while lessening adverse withdrawal symptoms. In general, detox:
- Takes 3-10 days to remove addictive alcohol or drugs from your system.
- Utilizes medical care to track your vital signs and manage withdrawal symptoms.
- Starts preparing you mentally and physically for the next phase in recovery.
Inpatient Rehab Helps You Build Skills For Recovery
After the detoxification step you can proceed to the next stage of recovery at an inpatient rehab. When going to Evolve Recovery Center, you will receive 24/7 attention to move further away from drug or alcohol use. While staying at rehab, you will gain the psychological and cognitive skills necessary for sobriety while your body heals from the addiction. Generally, rehab:
- Takes a few weeks
- Is a protected place to reside when you’re at the greatest risk of a relapse
- Involves group therapy, one-on-one therapy, and family support sessions
- Uses prescriptions, like Suboxone or Vivitrol, to control cravings and symptoms of withdrawal
What To Expect In Evolve’s Drug Rehab
From the time you walk through our doors, you can expect top-notch care. To start, you’ll undergo a personal assessment to help us ascertain how substance use has affected you, discover any co-occurring disorders, and how to serve you best. Then our expert clinicians use the results of your assessment to propose treatment methods and medication to provide the most benefit.
Each day, you’ll attend group and individual therapy sessions. In therapy, you find out:
- The underlying origins of your drug use
- How co-occurring disorders influence drug use
- Positive coping mechanisms for substance use recovery and life
- How to heal your relationships and life
- The ensuing phases after rehab
What To Expect In Evolve’s Alcohol Rehab
Alcohol rehab has a similar process as drug rehab. When you come to our facility, we'll formulate a customized plan of treatment crafted to help you move toward lasting recovery. This plan may incorporate the use of prescriptions to minimize your desire to use and counseling for handling the psychological facets of addiction.
A good deal of your rehab will include group, personal, and family counseling. With compassionate professionals, you'll explore:
- The underlying reasons behind alcohol use disorder
- Conquering mental illness that causes addiction
- Valuable coping methods
- How to repair relationships and your life
- Your next steps following rehab
The goal is that you'll be prepared for the next phase of support with the foundation of new techniques and improved mental health to help you stay sober. And while your aftercare plan could include outpatient therapy, our professionals will also stay in touch on occasion to check that you're safe and secure and progressing after rehab.
A Usual Day At Evolve Recovery Center
At Evolve, you’ll have a personalized plan of treatment and structured routine to make certain you receive all the help you need. While our counselors will tailor their psychological support to your particular set of circumstances, each patient generally follows the same timetable. So you may expect a usual day at Evolve to be similar to the following:
- Group therapy
- Mental health classes and life skills
- 12-step meetings or SMART Recovery
- Relaxation time or group recreational activities
Learn More About What To Expect In Drug And Alcohol Rehab
Need assistance getting alcohol and drug rehab for yourself or a family member? We’re here to talk right now. Reach out to us at 888-369-7727 or submit the form below to reach one of our staff members immediately. We’re here for you at any hour, every day of the week.